Thursday, August 4, 2011

Restless

Soft scent-lavender and a little vanilla. Light is soft too-Christmas light glow that gives just enough bright for me to write about.  A movie playing I know all the words to. I smile at the scenes that remind me of you and let myself remember when we were an us.

Cat bells up and down the hall, little feet patters from the four leggeds as night grows darker. Another cat, my old fuss pot, mouthy, cranky and perfectly wonderful furry friend curled on my knees. Her black fur broken only by the white skulls on her collar because she's a badass.

The bed's too big for me now-a whole side with deliciously cool sheets and plenty of leg room. I sleep with pillows around me on the nights I wish they were arms.

A cool breeze comes through the window, stirring the chimes I hung outside just for moments like this. I listen closely-often with wind comes rain and....yes. It begins.


Originally written June 28, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Dammit. That should read 'Her black hair broken...' Friggin kills me that I can't go back to edit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, cats are furry. Sheesh, my cat could cover two cats and herself with her fur!

    ReplyDelete