Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Audra

We introduced ourselves after we'd hugged for the second time.

Her name was Audra and I made her cry.

Wasn't my intention but somehow we started talking about when you lose someone and she asked me, tears streaming down her face, "Does it get easier?"

I didn't lie to her. I told her it just gets easier to deal with, but the loss will never really fade. I asked her if she was a hugger and she nodded, reached for me.

I had this sweet and tender moment with a complete stranger that just really needed to be held and told, "It's going to be ok."

She was my first customer of the day and the only one I could describe now if you asked me what she looked like. I see so many faces throughout the day but hers I won't forget. It was a kind face and under the grief there was hope and it made me remember my own.

I wish you happiness Audra.


No comments:

Post a Comment