Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Texting with Dad

Dad is on Facebook. Last night he commented on a post I made recently regarding my distaste of those fucking yellow minions and wished we could just be over them already:

"No Sh--"
and then, "I hate sea lions."

Fair enough.

He probably misread 'minion' as 'sea lion' because beer. Kudos for being conscious of the swear even though I hardly care about such things. Especially from him. We have a joke that he tells people he doesn't know where my 'fucking mouth' came from.

It gets a giggle.

He also posted a response to a welcome back for my uncle (his brother) that has just come back to visit.

"Awe wonder!! Ain't it great ?  Love it. Keep on keeping on. Old people rule !"

Seeing his posts on Facebook amused me and reminded me why I admire him so. Clearly he's having a good time enjoying life, with or without beer and I love him for it. I sent him a text and below is the conversation we had.

"I love you dad!"

"Love you too kid!!
You are my kid you know."

"Oh thank god! I had been suspicious of the mailman for years!" (Sarcasm is also something I might have learned from him.)

"L. O. L. !!!!"  (I love that each letter is capitalized and separated with a period, emphasizing the laghter.)

"And you are very much my dad."

"I know that!! Love you."

"I love you too silly old man."

"Leon (his brother) is out he's been up 34 hours."

"Jesus! That's too much! Why?"

"Just having too much fun."

"That's a good reason I guess. :) "

"We do that shit."

"I know it. It's good for you"

"We had crab&cheese& walls walls sweets sandwich's. So now we're done. Love you good night"

"Sounds delicious? Rest well daddy. Love you too!"

Three minutes passes where I sit in my chair smiling at our exchange. The phone buzzes and it's dad once more.

"I meant Walla"

I know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment