Wednesday, November 9, 2011

High Expectations

He will communicate with me.

He won't be afraid to say how he feels about something and will listen as much as he hears.

He won't say what he thinks I want to hear.

He'll tell me if I'm being ridiculous.

He will compromise, share, and be my partner.

He will have friends.

He will respect my 'me time'.

He will know what I want for my birthday/Christmas/random special occasion.

He will help create random special occasions.

I have cats and I love them and he will understand this.

He'll surprise me with flowers, trips to the ocean, dinner, a kiss...

He will understand and appreciate my love of puns.

He will be kind and thoughtful and trustworthy.

He will understand my relationship with coffee.

He will know when to tell me the truth about the pants making me look fat and when to lie.*
*This one is tricky, but it can be done. 

He will be nice to waitresses, small children and animals. 

He will share silence comfortably with me. 

He will meet my dad and not be a complete tool. 

He will be understanding about what should be Mom's birthday or the day she died, or maybe just a random whatever thought that makes me think of her. 

He will understand sometimes I have to get through it on my own. 

He should probably like South Park.

He will respect me, not put me on a pedestal.   

He will have a decent knowledge of all things technology related and/or have excellent patience, because I'm going to ask for help.

He will wear his belt at his waist and nowhere near his kneecaps, i.e. the sagging pant.

He will make me laugh.

He will listen to me rant about a bad day and not try to fix it.

He will hold me when I cry.

He will accept me for who I am and love me.

Just as I do him.

1 comment:

  1. and if he doesnt measure up then he isn't worthy of "The Lindsay"...

    ReplyDelete