Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Anywhere

Sometimes the world feels so small. I run into people I used to pour coffee for, people I went to high school with and people that taught me in elementary school.

I have been hugged, cursed at, cried with, laughed with, teased, ignored, loved and lived here my entire life.

I have lived other places only twice, and only for 3 months each time. Not long enough to establish a new existence.

I don't even know where I would go.

Sometimes it doesn't matter.

To Oregon. Near the ocean so that I could watch the storms come in winter, hear the peals of laughter from children in summer.

To the middle of the United States where I know no one and no one knows me. Where the entire way of life is different than here.

To San Francisco. I have family there-a safety net. I've been there before and it's beautiful-a lot like here actually.

To Alaska. Another beautiful place where I have family. I could adjust to the cold.

To England. To a foreign place where the language is mostly the same and the culture is nothing like here.

Sometimes all I want to do is run away and start over.

And then I remember how small the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment