Thursday, January 7, 2016

100

I was inspired by a friend that listed 100 resolutions for himself. That seemed like a lot but his list was so great. It ranged from exercising more to seeing a professional football game. I loved it.

I decided to make my own list. I don't necessarily believe in the whole New Year's Resolution thing but I like the idea of having goals for myself. Or reminders. So here goes....

100 Things I'm gonna Do for Myself This Year

1. Read more books
2. Learn more about the job I'm in
3. Help others
4. Drive by myself to nowhere places
5. Visit my Dad
6. Write regularly
7. Plant a garden
8. Learn Spanish
9. Cook more
10. Eat out more
11. Buy from the Farmer's Market
12. Educate myself about mental illness
13. Look for natural cures to things that ail me
14. Snuggle with my kitties more
15. Have weekend bbqs
16. Conquer a fear
17. Remember the good
18. Look back fondly
19. Look forward fearlessly
20. Reduce the sugars
21. Don't deny the sugars
22. Make the living room ours
23. Sleep better
24. Celebrate the little things
25. Fly my nerd flag proudly
26. Accept myself more
27. Say "I'm sorry" less
28. Take more photos
29. Print and frame my favorite photos
30. Travel somewhere I've never been
31. Revisit favorite places
32. Learn how to crochet, knit or something else crafty like that
33. Put money in my savings account and keep it there
34. Help dad organize his house
35. See the munchkins more
36. Invest in good bras
37. Invest in a good pair of shoes
38. Visit a psychic-just to see
39. Spend time in nature
40. Go to the museum
41. Take more walks
42. Push myself out of my comfort zone
43. Go to the doctor
44. Go to the dentist
45. Get a massage
46. Go to the movies with The Fella more
47. Lose one of the X's on my XXL tshirt
48. Car dance
49. Be ok with my emotions
50. Remember balance
51. Reduce the carbs
52. Indulge sometimes
53. Go to Comicon
54. Do something with the spare room
55. Get a hot tub
56. Listen
57. Redo the bathroom
58. Let myself cry
59. Eat more spinach
60. Figure out why I'm so congested all the time
61. Get a tattoo
62. Spend time with my cousin
63. Spend time with the godson
64. See my girls more often
65. Make new friends
66. Be nice to myself
67. Watch less bad TV
68. Try not to worry
69. Get an aquarium
70. Accept myself
71. Make the backyard all purty
72. Go to the movies by myself
73. Tell people I appreciate them
74. Go to a drag show
75. Have drinks with the old work gang
76. Do not give in to road rage
77. Go to the wolf rescue place
78. Go to a play/musical
79. Add to my Walking Dead graphic novel collection
80. Try to get published
81. Send cards
82. See the French Quarter in New Orleans
83. Read more trash mags because why not?
84. Make the front yard all purty
85. Embrace change with open arms
86. Use the power of Amazon
87. Go shopping in little shops of odd
88. Learn about crystals
89. Find a new necklace to wear
90. Speak my mind
91. Say no
92. Say yes
93. Try not to assume
94. Ask questions
95. Accept that things don't always happen the way you think they should
96. That's a big one-it gets two spots.
97. Join the community pool
98. Stay open about anxiety and depression
99. Understand they are not me, only a part and
100. Love myself, unconditionally

I started this list a few days ago, shortly after I read my friend's. But it took me awhile to finish it. Work and life and other such things got in the way. I think it's a good list. I think it was worth the time. Now I have a list of ideas to be a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment