Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Influential Overanalyzation

Michael C Hall is my spirit animal.

When I first saw him, he was David Fisher in Six Feet Under. I devoured the series right after my mom died. Made perfect sense to watch a show about a family living in a funeral parlor.

But now, Dexter. A serial killer and a character with some serious anger issues. I am currently devouring the series right after I broke up with X. Makes perfect sense to watch a show about a guy who is emotionally detached from everyone.

Or maybe it's James Gandolfini.

I met him as Tony Soprano. I devoured that series too right about the time my mom was the most sick and my dad was kind of not my biggest fan. Makes sense I'd watch a show with a brusque, authoritative,  father figure in the lead.


How much of that is actually true? How much of television, or music, or books...how much of it does it really influence on how we look at the world?


Fuck I hate doing laundry.

I'm waiting for the load to be done so I can take a shower and have clean clothes and then go to work and god can I not just be so...normal today?

I don't feel normal. I feel like I could cry any second and I'm fucking over that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment