Thursday, October 22, 2015

Queen

"....I see a little silhouetto of a man, scaramouch scaramouch will you do the fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening me. Gallileo...."

Pause.

"Gallileo?"

He was staring at me with an amused look on his face but he didn't come in on the high part.

"Please tell me you know that song."

I know it's Bohemian Rhapsody, from Wayne's World."

"Ok. But you know it's Queen right? Please tell me you know Queen."

"Doesn't Queen do all those rock jock songs?

"Um. No,not really. Freddy was like the complete anti-jock. Do you seriously not know Queen? I bet you would if you heard their songs....We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions are good fucking songs, that's why they play them at sporting events. Well, and they're easy to sing along to. What about (singing) I want to ride my bicycle? I want to riiiide my bike?"

"That's Queen?"

"Yup. And, (singing again) fat bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round."

He shakes his head. "That doesn't seem like a song that Queen would sing."

"I know. Just go with it. Under Pressure? Don't Stop Me Now? You know that one, it's from that scene in the pub from Shaun of the Dead, 'Kill the Queen!'"

He's smiling at me, "Nope."

I stare at him mouth agape. "I can't believe you don't know Queen. I think we might have to break up."

He laughs. I laugh too and then, "OR, whenever I drive, we'll listen to Queen's greatest hits and get you educated."

"Ok. When you drive."

Guess who got their license?

No comments:

Post a Comment