Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Door Poems

I'm one of those people that has magnet poetry on their fridge. Recently our fridge died and I had to de-magnet before they hauled it away and brought in the new one. I knew there was no way I'd be able to remember any of the little poems that had surfaced, so I grabbed my phone and took a couple pictures. It made me think about when I moved them the first time-what a pain in the ass. No cell phone available for picture taking. I copied all that shit by hand and hoped I didn't miss any of the brilliance friends had created over the years. I found the old poetry-put together and then taken down from my first apartment door in 2001. Bear with me, there's several pages of little pieces of poem. I copied them from the door onto the page, exactly how they were displayed. Just as it was on that door over a decade ago, so it is here.

From 2001:

Passionate breath
will embrace your
mystery

Drool
Pant
Sweat
Lather
Need
all the
Juice
he has

Men
They are repulsive
he loved me
not together
have to ask
how could he?
only a boy

barely
did the
love recall
next vision

feel through
their early
symphony

vanish
like these
sad stars

purple place
blue moment
red snow
pink milk
white delirious
green diamond
peach jealousy

odd tv man

hurry, ask if I will

manipulated
by you
I
cry rain

have him need my time

sun fall
beneath to shadows

a
warm
blue
tiny
moon goddess

shall he
throw me or
keep my virtue

please hear willingly
listen even to the murmurs

you're always better
lightly seduced
please respect

when you stare
at my size
with lying eyes
I cry

suddenly
girl gone mad
smooth frantic

felt
bitter
and
black
as
death

we
surrender dark
I lust for light
I worship it's power
I chant at the storm

drop from
the sky
blessed

tongue like a knife
sweet skin under
my whispers
luscious ache
is
true love?

she is who
I am
Her

I have a garden
and petals

never
use
roses

handsome sausage in a predestined friend

rusting compassion

urge eternity

Dear love,
I'm here
tell the wife

Always
screaming
shaking
pounding

with monogamy
thine still stroke

elaborated gift
from you
blows.

say with a delicate moan

read
ENORMOUS
language

boil
your
head

empty remember

one thousand breaths

turn those hours

was she like a child?

see? still weak

from
two
to
one

have romance
sensual trust

drive me fast

But, she's forever

watch the forest

want my life

open road
may trudge
fall
after me

bewitch cupid

think mostly in here

soar
like
music

sun spray

fiddle
with
smelly feet

Be here

Don't iron

not true

mad spirit

smooth wish

would flood with lies less

so
be
it

come
off the
picture

he comes to me when he's falling
because he knows I'll hold him up


There are a lot of little snippets that perfectly reflect my feelings during that time of my life. Some of the words are sad, some are desperate for companionship, some are silly.

I don't have nearly as much for the more recent group of door poems. Over a decade later my poetry is more lived then told through magnets. I still get inspired sometimes though...

From 2015:
*Again, all poems have been relayed exactly as they were displayed. (And you know that's the truth, cause it rhymed)

from
the
thousand
pound
sad
eat
less

only head sweat

a cold day
in spring

could
never
smooth
time

manipulate iron and earth for blood

did my
mothers weak breath
rob me

from milk
to honey

two finger read

warm spray

sudden light for the garden
shadow about to surrender

a cold day
in spring

why even worship

red
moon
gone
beneath
kindred
blue
star

arm
her essential
ache

we
soar
they
rust

my
enormous
moment

chocolate puppy sausage meat

winter is coming

dream
through
night
mad
by
morning

please play

smeary drool

live
delirious
drunk
frantic
easy
luscious
gentle
raw
fast
open
but
like
life

boiling stare of compassion

I
always
mist
the music

will ask father winter

you
must
run
and
vanish

those who begin behind triumph

wind symphony of death

repulsive skin suit

sordid
tongue

blue as your peach
but shine pink and white

dark knife apparatus

wonder
show

rain like wind
no flood

TV void

a
smooth
delicate
whisper

being in love

one
bed
together
dance

let
none
think
mean

good can take great power

scream to elaborate

urge
want
ask
listen
tell
sing
speak
yell
question
communicate

green
purple
fluff

when
beauty sleeps with
bittersweet
eternity

have
lazy
need

why
talk
language
at all

There's a new fridge now. Clean surface, waiting for creativity to strike. I hope I can find the right words.

1 comment: