Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Bitch Blog

Feeling kind of cranky this morning. I usually try to focus on the positive but right now? Fuck it. I'm pissy. I'm going to write about all the things that are currently annoying me. It's going to be stupid, and not at all important but hopefully it will make me feel better.

I'm so tired of fighting off a cat when I'm trying to eat. I sit at the dining room table with my coffee and my breakfast and have cats mewing at me, jumping up on the table and staring at me with longing. The Fella and I have made changes in our cooking and eating habits to accommodate the cats for godsakes.  Can't leave anything unattended and if you don't immediately put your dish in the dishwasher after you're done, there will be a cat in the sink to lick it, mark my words. Forget about leaving butter-even shitty unsalted butter-on the counter because it will be licked by a cat. Today while making pancakes, one of them jumped up next to the stove and tried to lick the spatula. I swear to god they will eat us if we die first.

Waking up with a headache is becoming a thing of normalcy and I'm over it. I'm pretty sure it's from eye strain, though how it could be when my eyes have been closed for 6-8 hours, I have no idea. Headaches make me even more cranky and irritable by intensifying things like cats on counters and waning patience. It also makes all noises like annoying neighbor dogs barking and commercials on Pandora seem way louder than they are. The sun is brighter too and that only makes me wish for rain and darkness. It makes watching tv and reading my book painful and that sucks because I don't have anything else to fucking do.

I'm bored. I'm broke. I'm lonely for human interaction. I'm right at the edge of change, toes peeking over the side, body leaning out and yet I can't fall.

I want to drive and go places and I'm not quite there yet and I know it but it still pisses me off because clearly I'm a person that wants instant gratification. I know how unrealistic that is in the grand scheme of things but I still want it.

Kim Davis. Donald Trump. Kanye West. Anything Kardashian. Fat shaming. Racism. Bigotry. Assholes. Game of Thrones spoilers. Ghost cat pee smell. Radio commercials. TV commercials. Unsalted butter. Unanswered text messages. Almost empty containers. Crooked pictures.

Some of these things piss me off more than others. I mean, unsalted butter? Seriously what's the point?

But I also know I'm going to get over this. I'm going to be fine. It will shift again to smiley days. But fuck today and all it's headachey, impatient, unsalted Trumpiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment