Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Kinda Neat

I'm drinking tea. There is classical music playing from a tab next to this one. A frog has taken up residence in our pond outside. I've named him of course. Kermit. There is a book next to me that I've been wanting to read for awhile. Instead, I surfed the internet-remember when people used to say that? I looked at low carb recipes and watched videos and read articles and silly quotes and I thought about writing a blog. So...here I am.

I feel like the screen should look like Homer Simpson's in that Halloween episode where they spoofed The Shining. 'Feelin' fine'. Because I actually am.

I don't feel like it might change any time real soon either which is sort of refreshing and different. I'm trying to type this with a very insistent tuxedo climbing all over me by the way. Also not apt to change real soon.

I'm feeling more confident in my job. I have a lot to learn, always will no matter what the job is. But I have support and encouragement from coworkers and I'm creating a successful routine.

I've started a new way of eating. I have given up sweets altogether. No cakes, candies, cookies, or chocolate. I don't eat ice cream or pasta, bread, rice, or anything else that's delicious. And I'm doing ok. The first week I had a few bouts of nausea but I'm ok today and I was able to resist some really pretty doughnuts this morning. I try to celebrate the little triumphs with non edible rewards. I've bought a lot of books lately.

Me and The Fella are amazing. He's such a good person and we love each other, support each other and complete each other. And dad approves of him which is pretty much the first time that's ever happened so...plus!

Dad is good. We don't talk as much as we used to. I used to call him when I was walking to work in the morning. Now I drive The Fella into work. Sometimes in comfortable silence, sometimes with a cd he's 'getting used to'. Dad usually gets his phone calls on Saturday mornings now. We share a coffee and a chat and it's nice. He always says to tell The Fella hello.

I took a mini road trip. Well, I drove for an hour to see The Fella's Parents. The Fella enjoyed not having to drive or count shots of whiskey with his dad and I got to get in some driving long distance practice. I'm gearing up to see The Girls. One is almost 2 hours away, one is 1 hour away. Different directions, different traffic situations, different girls.  I miss them.

I'm doing grown up things. I'm enjoying childish moments. I'm living.

Kinda neat.

1 comment: