Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Soooo tired

Jesus my eyes hurt. They feel like they've been open for 3 days and someone has just poured sand in them. I'm working the early shift for awhile and needless to say, it's not my favorite thing to do.

Don't get me wrong, being off at 3 in the afternoon has the taste of awesome, but why I have this shift kinda sucks. I had to fire someone last week.

Anyone that has ever had to do that knows how much it sucks. It's like breaking up with someone. There's a grieving process and everything.

Today was good though. I worked my ass off and answered questions like, "Why is it a good idea to have a harness instead of a collar for a chihuahua?" or "What can I give my cat so it isn't so fat?"

I played with an adorable Boston terrier puppy named O.G. (As in 'oh gee!') I comforted a woman that had recently lost her pet. I told someone how to spell chihuahua and where to get a pitbull neutered. These are not everyone's normal conversations in a day and I'm kind of glad actually. It makes me feel like I know a little more about something someone else might not and who doesn't like to feel smart? :)

There are the moments where just the little things can make you giggle too. Like when my coworker said she was 'going out the door' and I thought she called me a whore. Or when the phone rings and instead of answering with my store's name, I just say 'hello'. Days like this usually end with me trying to open my apartment with my store keys.

Not today though-just the sweet call of my couch and a little RuPaul reality tv. I love me some drag queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment