Friday, June 26, 2015

Miss You

I still have tears in the corner of my eyes when I wake. The dream was so vivid- I swear it was your voice that brought me to the morning. But it couldn't be. You've been gone for several years now.

You shouldn't be gone you know. Way too soon. Too many things weren't said and too many things were just left unresolved. I can't remember if I got to tell you how much you meant to me. I'd like to think you know, but...Well, how do I know?

I can't seem to rid my eyes of the tears. They have dried but they still stay, burning with memories.

You saved me. You were there the day I almost wasn't. You stayed and held me and helped me become me again. I told you that didn't I? That you were my rock, my hope?

I can't stop thinking about what used to be. I miss the past, a part of my life that can't be relived, simply because...that life is gone.

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment