Tuesday, April 28, 2015

H.

You could tell she wasn't the kind of person that showed her feelings.

I knew she knew it wouldn't be long. I saw tears building in her eyes as she told me her story. I asked her if she wanted a hug and for a split second she hesitated before letting me hold her. She sobbed against my shoulder and then quickly gathered herself.

"I'm sorry, " she whispered, hurriedly wiping away her feelings.

I put my hand on her arm, "Please don't be. It's fine. Really."

She sniffled a little and then we talked about something else until she left.

She came back today. He's gone now and as she shared with me pictures and stories, her eyes filled once more.

I could tell she wasn't the kind of person that shared her feelings much. Yet here she was, clearly grieving. I hugged her again and this time she let me.

She told me she would miss me and wished me well before leaving.

I took a few moments alone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment