Friday, February 14, 2014

Somewhere Out There

I make this list every once in awhile.

last year's list



Dear Right Man for Me,

Please don't live with your parents. I didn't use to think this was going to be an issue until I dated a guy that lived in his parent's basement. There were issues.

Also, please don't still live with your ex as 'just friends'. It doesn't matter how many times you tell me there's nothing going on...it's weird.

Can you not have any venereal diseases? That would be great, thanks.

Please don't sleep with someone else when we're together. Just tell me if you don't want me anymore. It will suck, not gonna lie, but I promise-it is SO much better than you lying.

Also, don't be an angerball ok? I like smiling and laughing and stuff and I'd like to be able to do that with you.

Before you decide you want to be a regular part of my life, can you make sure that your feelings match mine? I wouldn't want you to waste our time if you 'weren't quite sure' or worse, still holding feelings for someone else. Be just mine.

It would be great if you weren't married. Being the 'other woman' doesn't do it for me.

Please be kind, sensitive, honest, gentle but strong, fun, smart and open minded. Be able to communicate and compromise.

You should probably like cats.

I have some shit to work out still so I'm not quite ready for you. Don't be too concerned though-we'll meet when it's the right time. I just know it.

Sincerely and lovingly,
Me


This year's list was a lot shorter. These are the lessons I've learned, the lessons I don't need to live again. Every time it's not right, it helps me learn more about what will be.
Just, seriously. God, Universe, Buddha, whatever....I'm done ok? I've learned enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment