Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fantastic Voyage

One of my favorite questions to ask people when I'm getting to know them is, "If you could go anywhere, where would you go?"

If I'm asking a guy, I admit I sometimes do it to see if he'll say, "Anywhere you are." Can't help it.  What girl wouldn't want to hear that?

When I let my mind roam, this is what I think about. The places I want to go but for some reason haven't.

The Stanley Hotel where Stephen King stayed and was inspired to write one of my favorite books, The Shining. I've gotta see if that hideous carpet is there at the very least.

The ocean. I recently got to have a day trip and it was glorious as it always is. I love the wind, the way you feel cool and hot at the same time, the kites, the sand on bare feet, the waves licking toes, words carved into the sand that mean something to someone already gone...There's something about the ocean that makes me feel like my reset button has been pushed. I feel whole and calm and...small when I go to the ocean. I don't go nearly enough.

In your arms. I don't know who you are yet but I know that when you hold me it will feel perfect. My head will fit right under your chin and your arms will hold me close like a love song.

The Las Vegas strip. This would of course be paired with an extraordinarily large amount of money. Enough so that I could see all the things I wanted to. I want to see Cirque du Something in Vegas with a neon colored drink in my hand. Umbrella optional. I want to see the lights at night and feel the heat of the day. I want to see so many Elvises (Elvi?) that I can't count them all. I even want to contemplate marriage just because I can do it through a drive-thru. I want to put entirely too much money into slot machines and wake up somewhere I didn't intend to but am ok with. 

Venice, Italy. I just so badly want to ride in one of those gondola things with a striped shirt oarsman. I want to drink in the richness of the country, the buildings, the culture and the coffee. I want to drink a little espresso on a wrought iron table with a white tablecloth and watch someone (preferably a male Italian, clothing optional with wavy dark hair and eyes that smolder) walk through a group of pigeons.


Oz. Or Wonderland. No reason really except that wouldn't it be fantastic?


If I could go anywhere, where would I go? So many places....

No comments:

Post a Comment